Darbhanga Raj Fort
Maharaja Laxmishwar Singh Museum & Chandradhari Museum
Holi Rosery Church
Under the British Rule, Darbhanga was a part of Sarkar Tirhut up to 1875, when it was constituted into a separate district. The subdivisions had been created earlier – Darbhanga Sadar in 1845, Madhubani in 1866 and Samastipur (then known as Tajpur) in 1867. It was the part of Patna division till 1908, when the Tirhut division was created with its headquarters at Muzaffarpur.
At a Glance
|Area: 2279 Sq. Km.||Population: 39,37,385|
|Language: Maithili, Hindi, English||Villages: 1277|
|Male: 20,59,949||Female: 18,77,436|